Skype counselling, also known as telehealth or online counselling, is effective, confidential and convenient if you live in a rural or remote area, or it doesn't suit you to visit a clinic in person.
At Hart Psychologists, we have been using Skype Counselling successfully for over 5 years now and find it as effective as in person counselling, and more convenient for many people. We are well setup for Skype counselling, and our friendly receptionists will be happy to help with any set up details for you.
All you need is a computer, internet connection and a private room.
Skype counselling means you're not limited by clinic location, and you can choose any one of our psychologists across Australia from our website that suits you best.
From November 2017, if you live in a remote area (with a population of less than 15,000), you will be eligible for Medicare rebates up to $124.50 for 7 sessions if you receive a Mental Health Care Plan from your doctor.
Benefits of Skype Counselling
In our counselling with clients, we are finding SKYPE counselling sessions very successful, both with couples sessions and individual sessions.
And increasingly, more and more clients are asking for SKYPE counselling sessions.
1. SKYPE sessions allow you to choose your absolute best choice and most appropriate Psychologist for your particular issues, no matter where you live
2. You have the convenience of talking at home, which also saves you travel time.
3. You can more easily manage your children rather than having to organize babysitters
– The most important consideration is that you need to be mindful that your room has privacy. Most people find that this is not difficult to manage.
– Also, when you are having a couples session, sit side by side on a sofa or individual chairs and set up your computer screen so that both of you are visible at the same time.
– It is also helpful to each have the Psychologist’s phone number, and vice versa so that either of you can contact each other in the event that you have trouble accessing each other by SKYPE in in the first instance.
If you have any further questions, please contact our friendly receptionists and they will assist you.