"I help clients feel comfortable and supported by providing a warm supportive unbiased environment where they are free of judgement and can express their thoughts and beliefs freely. "
Registered Psychologist Melbourne
B.Sc., Grad Dip Ed Psych., M Psych. M.A.P.S.
Hart Psychologists Certified
Armadale and Camberwell
1. How many years’ experience do you have practicing / helping clients?
I have been seeing clients for approximately 20 years.
2. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have depression?
Helping them find positivity and enjoyment in their lives again.
3. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have anxiety?
Overcoming the distress that anxiety creates and finding strength to let go of consuming thoughts and beliefs.
4. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who are stressed?
Simplifying the stress in their life and helping them find structure and support to deal with life's challenges.
5. How do you help clients feel comfortable and supported?
I help clients feel comfortable and supported by providing a warm supportive unbiased environment where they are free of judgement and can express their thoughts and beliefs freely.
6. What methodologies and/or approaches do you find most helpful?
I am a trained Coginitive Behavioural Therapist. However I draw on many methodologies and will tailor an approach in conjunction with the clients issues and wishes.
7. What have clients said about how you have helped them most?
Over the years I have had feedback thanking me for my continued support guidance and honest approach. I believe I am an open compassionate person and this is evident in many of the client relationship I have had over the years.
8. What is the best or most heart-warming feedback you’ve received from a client?
I recently had a phone call from a client I had seen two years ago . I saw her for about two years. This was a period in her life when she was struggling with many stresses including issues of abandonment from her father, anxiety and depression. She called me out of the blue just to thank me for all my support and help and let me know that she had finally graduated from her university degree. She said that had I not been there for her at that time she may not have got through. It's nice to know that our work can make a difference in people's lives.
9. List 3 things that your friends and family would describe you as….
Friends and family describe me as compassionate , supportive and capable.
10. List 3 strengths that you have as a psychologist….
I am open, non judgemental and honest. I also enjoying empowering my clients with ability to make a change!
11. Why do you love doing this work?
I love doing this work because I gives my life purpose and I know that the work I do makes a difference in people's lives.