"Clients have said I help them by being understanding, supportive, caring, non-judgemental and direct."
Registered Psychologist | B Soc Sci (Psych), B Soc Sci (Hons), AMAPS
Hart Psychologists Certified
1. How many years’ experience do you have practicing / helping clients?
I have been practising as a psychologist for 19 years, since 1997.
2. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have depression?
The most rewarding aspect of working with a person who has depression is helping them to progress and make improvements with their mental health.
3. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have anxiety?
Working with people with anxiety is rewarding because often the person has lived with anxiety for a long time without knowing what life looks like without fear. Therapy provides hope that significant improvements to their health can be made with appropriate interventions and care.
4. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who are stressed?
People experiencing stress are rewarding to work with because therapy is a powerful tool to help people work through the stress and grow from the experiences.
5. How do you help clients feel comfortable and supported?
I help people feel comfortable and supported by being myself. I am easy to talk to, engage with, am honest, straight forward, keep my language simple and non-technical. I am incredibly empathetic which puts people at ease often immediately.
6. What methodologies and/or approaches do you find most helpful?
Approaches I find most helpful in assisting people to live a healthier life is education, understanding, Acceptance and Committment therapy, solutions focused therapy and EMDR. A tailored approach for each individual I think works best because one size doesn't fit all.
7. What have clients said about how you have helped them most?
Clients have said I help them by being understanding, supportive, caring, non-judgemental and direct.
8. List 3 things that your friends and family would describe you as….
Caring, gentle and calm.
9. List 3 strengths that you have as a psychologist…..
Being understanding and empathetic; warm and accepting; and genuine.
10. Why do you love doing this work?
I love this work because I feel honoured and privileged that people are willing to share their personal information with me, allowing themselves to be vulnerable to develop and blossom as individuals. I am blessed to be in a job that I love and thoroughly enjoy. I couldn't imagine myself in any other position.