D. Psych, M. OrgPsych, BA (Psych) Hons, Dip Clin Hyp,
Dip ESTm, MAPS, MACCP, MASH, MAACBT
Hart Psychologists Certified
Oxley & Sunnybank Hills
Dr Karina is a Clinical Psychologist who has 30 years’ experience in the assessment and treatment of psychological disorders.
She has a varied background working in mental health (hospitals and community based services), corrections, sexual health, work environments, private rehabilitation companies and she has been in private practice for the last 23 years.
Karina works in her private clinical psychology practice with adults and adolescents who present with such problems as:
- Anxiety Disorders (post-traumatic stress, panic attacks, specific phobias, social phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder and generalised anxiety);
- Trauma – acute stress and PTSD, past sexual, emotional and physical abuse (Complex PTSD);
- Mood problems such as Depression, Post-Natal Depression, Bipolar Disorder and other difficulties with mood instability;
- Suicidality and self-harming behaviours;
- Stress and coping difficulties – personal, relationship and work related stress.
She can assist clients with anger, emotional difficulties, poor self-esteem, lack of direction, grief and loss issues, sexual problems and relationships issues.
Karina provides therapy from Cognitive Behavioural, Schema, Mindfulness based, Positive Psychology, Dialectical Behavioural and Ego State Therapy frameworks. Karina also often uses Hypnosis in her sessions to assist in changing behaviour, symptoms, and attitudes for issues/problems.
In regards to therapy, Karina aims to provide a safe environment for her clients when they take that first step to address life’s pains and difficulties. She provides an atmosphere where they can work together to explore the clients’ issues and develop new strategies to help change unhelpful behaviours and problematic patterns. Karina has an easy, warm manner and finds that at times humour can help in the therapeutic relationship and the therapy itself – you can often hear her and her clients laughing from up the hall!
If you are looking for a Clinical Psychologist with a down to earth, practical approach, who can assist you to work towards positive changes in order to address any difficulties you are experiencing and reach your personal, life and work related goals, please make an appointment with Karina.