"I love to support clients through challenging times in their lives and help them feel so much calmer. I love helping them find positive solutions to old problems and overcome limiting thoughts, feelings and behaviours."
BA Hons Psych, MPsych (Counselling Psych), D.Psych (Counselling Psych), MAPS
Hart Psychologists Certified
1. How many years’ experience do you have practicing / helping clients?
I have been a member with the Australian Psychological Society for over 20 years
2. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have depression?
Supporting people to become ‘unstuck’ and guiding them back to a sense of well being in their lives.
3. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have anxiety?
Helping them become free of limiting thoughts, feelings and behaviours to engage more freely and positively in life.
4. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who are stressed?
Helping people regain some calm in their lives and feeling some control again.
5. How do you help clients feel comfortable and supported?
I have a professional and approachable style and offer a welcoming, safe and reflective space to work through challenges and struggles and to put in place positive strategies for the future.
6. What methodologies and/or approaches do you find most helpful?
I work with evidence-based approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness practices to help people make positive changes.
7. What is the best or most heart-warming feedback you’ve received from a client?
I have really supported them through challenging times in their lives and helped them feel so much calmer. I have helped them find positive solutions to old problems and overcome limiting thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
8. List 3 things that your friends and family would describe you as….
Positive, peaceful, open minded.
9. List 3 strengths that you have as a psychologist…..
Ability to build rapport with people and help them feel comfortable, to really listen and get to the heart of concerns, and to support people in finding their own (sometimes lost) resources to cope
10. Why do you love doing this work?
People are all amazing and deserve to live the best life possible.