"I find it rewarding to see clients becoming more empowered and having new tools to self manage and reduce their symptoms - whether they are suffering depression, anxiety or stress."
Hart Psychologists Certified
1. How many years’ experience do you have practicing / helping clients?
I have 30 years' experience.
2. What do you find most rewarding about working with people who have depression, anxiety or stress?
I find it rewarding to see clients becoming more empowered and having new tools to self manage and reduce their symptoms - whether they are suffering depression, anxiety or stress.
3. How do you help clients feel comfortable and supported?
I use active listening and see things from the client's perspective. I normalise their struggles as part of human experience and the challenges we all face given our biochemistry, environment etc. I have a democratic style and see my client as a "fellow human being", essentially no different from me. I focus on practical strategies.
4. What methodologies and/or approaches do you find most helpful?
I use many different methodologies - narrative, existential, cognitive behavioural, relational, solution focused, mindfulness, interpersonal and hypnosis.
4. What have clients said about how you have helped them most?
By providing practical strategies and my caring attitude.
6. What is the best or most heart-warming feedback you’ve received from a client?
That their life has changed dramatically for the better.
7. List 3 things that your friends and family would describe you as….
Caring, fun-loving and loyal.
8. List 3 strengths that you have as a psychologist…..
Experience,Enjoyment of helping others, Always open to and actively learning more in my field.
9. Why do you love doing this work?
It aligns with my values, which are about being in an occupation which is beneficial and helps other human beings to grow, be happier and find what is important for their life fulfillment.